Quiz: Trivia Questions on the History of Painting
Free online printable quiz with multiple-choice questions (MCQ) without registration.
The history of painting begins in ancient times, the first works of this art were created on the walls of caves. Since then it has come a long way, changing its expressive means, acquiring new genres and introducing us to the great masters.
The Quiz: Trivia Questions on the History of Painting we have prepared for you today consists of twelve interesting questions. Try to answer each of them correctly.
Select and press Ctrl+Enter
1. In what cave was found the world's oldest (in 2023) image of a camel?
Kapova Cave in Russia
2. The first time modern civilization became acquainted with the objects of ancient painting is not so long ago. It happened when amateur archaeologist Marcelino Sanz de Sautuola accidentally stumbled upon the Altamira Cave. In what year did this happen?
3. Sumi-e is a ...
Japanese kind of Chinese painting
4. After the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D., Pompeii and Herculaneum were rained with ashes. What did it do to the Roman wall paintings in these cities?
conserved it, preserving it
5. This great artist was born on April 15, 1452 in the village of Anchiano. Giorgio Vasari, in his famous collection of 178 biographies of Renaissance artists of Italy, told a story about him that is called "The Legend of the Medusa Shield."
Leonardo da Vinci
6. This early Renaissance painter was world famous for paintings such as Spring, Venus and Mars, and The Birth of Venus.
7. What was the name of the Italian artist who is considered the first famous Renaissance painter?
8. Gnathia is a ...
a type of ancient pottery that was painted by ancient Greek craftsmen
9. "The Starry Night" is one of Vincent Van Gogh's most famous paintings. Where was he when he painted it?
In a hospital for the mentally ill in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence.
10. The first important exhibition of the Impressionists took place in the studio of the photographer Nadar. What year?
11. From whom did Pablo Picasso get his famous last name?
From his mother.
12. In what country did Impressionism originate?