Geography Quiz: On Which River Does the City Stand?
Free online printable quiz with multiple-choice questions (MCQ) without registration.
Rivers are the veins and arteries of our planet. It is on them that the first cities appeared. Which, in fact, is not surprising, because the land along their banks is fertile, well, and from the fish for lunch, few people will refuse. Ancient people knew a lot about getting food!
The geography quiz "On which river does the city stand?", which we have prepared for you today, consists of 12 questions with answers. Most of them are difficult, but some are simple. Test your knowledge!
Select and press Ctrl+Enter
1. Berlin lies on the banks of two rivers. These are ...
the Spree and the Hafel
2. Rome is known as the City on Seven Hills. And the river on which it stands is called ...
3. Paris is conveniently located on the banks of the Seine. Which cities stand on the same river?
Le Havre, Poissy and Rouen
4. The Russian city of Yekaterinburg is located on the eastern slope of the Middle Urals and stands on the banks of the river ...
5. The port city of New Orleans is located in the state of Louisiana, USA. On which river does it stand?
The Mississippi River
6. There are quite a few cities standing on the Elbe. What city isn't on it?
7. On the banks of which river is the capital of Serbia located?
8. Back to the United States. Which city stands on the Missouri River?
9. And a little more Europe. What river does Bratislava stand on?
10. Krakow and Warsaw stand on the ...
11. Do the cities of Dusseldorf, Wiesbaden, and Rotterdam share the same river?
On the same river
12. On which river does the capital of Egypt, Cairo, stand?