Greek Architecture Quiz: questions and answers
Select and press Ctrl+Enter
1. The Parthenon is a famous Greek temple. It was built in 447−438 years BC and partly destroyed on 26 September 1687. Where is it located?
On the Athenian Acropolis
2. Which was considered the largest and most impressive temple in Greece?
Temple of Olympian Zeus
3. How many corners has the Tower of the Winds?
4. The Tower of the Winds is considered the world's first ...
5. In architecture the capital or chapiter is ...
the uppermost part of a column
6. A decorative border constructed from a continuous line, shaped into a repeated motif.
7. Where is located The Valley of the Temples?
in Agrigento, Sicily, Italy
8. Is there a roof at The Theatre of Dionysus?