Quiz for Music Connoisseurs: Famous Works by Great Composers
Free online printable quiz with multiple-choice questions (MCQ) without registration.
Music is an art that has a tremendous effect on our moods. It can make it better or worse, tinge it or change it so much that we can't even believe that it was completely different just five minutes ago. And it's those who make it that give us this opportunity.
The Quiz for Music Connoisseurs "Famous Works by Great Composers" you can take on this page consists of 20 multiple choice trivia questions with answers of varying difficulty. Test your knowledge!
Found error? Select and press Ctrl+Enter
1. During which period of his life did Pyotr Tchaikovsky compose the ballet Swan Lake?
Traveling through Europe.
2. What is the name of Mozart's opera that features the characters Cherubino, Susanna, and Rosina?
The Marriage of Figaro
3. What genre does Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov's work The Tsar's Bride belong to?
4. What event inspired Ludwig van Beethoven to write the Song of the Free Man?
5. How many cantatas are part of Bach's cycle of works, The Christmas Oratorio?
6. Which Russian composer is the author of the opera Boris Godunov?
7. To whom did Franz Schubert dedicate his most famous symphony, The Unfinished Symphony?
To the Musical Society of Graz
8. Antonio Vivaldi created the extraordinary beauty of his concertos called The Four Seasons. For which instrument were they written?
9. What is the name of the opera by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka in which the events of the campaign of the Polish army against Moscow in 1613 are described?
A Life for the Tsar
10. What is the name of a cycle of four operas by Richard Wagner whose plot is taken from German mythology and a medieval poem?
The Ring of the Nibelung
11. Composer Johannes Brahms created many beautiful works during his lifetime. In what genre did he not work?
12. What is Felix Mendelssohn's most famous overture to a work by William Shakespeare called?
A Midsummer Night's Dream
13. Georg Handel's opera, based on Francesco Silvani's novel The Battle Between Love and Vengeance, was called ...
14. Who is the main character whose name is given to the work in Giuseppe Verdi's famous opera Aida?
Daughter of the Ethiopian king
15. Which composer wrote the music for Henrik Ibsen's play Per Gynt?
16. In which genre was Johann Strauss's work The Bat (Die Fledermaus)?
17. Christoph Gluck's opera about a sorceress who falls in love with a knight is called ...
18. What is the peculiarity of Dmitri Shostakovich's Seventh Symphony?
It was written in besieged Leningrad.
19. Which composer wrote the musical work Hungarian Rhapsody in a new instrumental genre?
20. Under which number is Ludwig van Beethoven's famous Moonlight Sonata recorded?