Architecture and architects Quiz: 20 entertaining questions
Free online printable quiz with multiple-choice questions (MCQ) without registration.
Think about what landmark you would like to visit when you go on a big trip around the world? In most cases it will be an architectural structure, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Colosseum, or the Taj Mahal. Agree, many of them make a huge impression on tourists from all over the world.
The Architecture and architects Quiz consists of 20 multiple choice trivia questions with answers. Test your knowledge!
Select and press Ctrl+Enter
1. This building is the sixth tallest skyscraper in Europe in 2021. Its height is 310 meters, and its name is a shard of glass. Where can you see this skyscraper?
2. Piazza dei Miracoli translates from Italian as "square of wonders." What famous architectural structure is located on it?
Leaning tower of Pisa
3. A lucarne is a ...
A window opening in the roof slope
4. Which architect became the first woman in history to be awarded the Pritzker Prize?
5. How many workers were involved in the construction of the Sydney Opera House?
About 10,000 people
6. In architecture, what is an ornamental border in the form of a scroll with the corners rolled up?
7. Which two styles combine elements of the Grand Style (Louis XIV Style)?
Classical and Baroque
8. The real name of which great architect is Charles-Edouard Jeanneret-Gree?
9. What was the site of the Roman Colosseum before it was built?
10. Casa Batlló in Barcelona is a residential house built in 1877 for the textile magnate Josep Balho y Casanovas. Designed by which world-renowned architect was it built?
11. Who is considered the architect of the Taj Mahal mausoleum-mosque?
Opinions are divided on this question.
12. Which building is considered the first example of the Art Nouveau style in architecture?
The Thassel Mansion in Brussels
13. What is a rotunda usually topped with?
14. The Empire State Building is a famous art deco skyscraper in New York City. What is this building?
An office building
15. Donato Bramante's first architectural work is .
Santa Maria Presso San Satiro
16. What is the length of the Great Wall of China with all its branches?
17. In which architectural style is the Limburg Cathedral, located in the city of Limburg an der Lahn?
Romanesque and Gothic architecture
18. This building, designed by Norman Foster, has been called the manifesto of the bio-tek.
The Mary X Skyscraper in London
19. Which building was not designed by Bartolomeo Rastrelli?
Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in Tallinn
20. Bozar is ...